4.9.0 Velmuth's Cove & Helm Balancing
Hello everyone, I wanted to start off by saying a massive thanks to everyone who was on premium testing and gave awesome feedback for the numerous amounts of changes, dungeon and bug fixes. This patch as most of you already know is bringing in another new piece of content into valor specifically being a realm boss and a dungeon with it as well as a new AR and a bunch of awesome LGs. Moreover, there have been some major shard changes and tons of bug fixes and new QoLs added!
We will also be doing another round of our monthly feedback forms. This is the chance for everyone to give feedback on the update
Guild Rewards will be available for the next 72 hours, make sure to claim them through /ginfo rewards.
Starting off, we would like to give a massive thanks to Skullz for all his hardwork and devotion in terms of Valor content and moderation thus far! Due to irl circumstances, he will be stepping down from his SR Mod responsibilities as Content Lead and moving out of moderation to solely focus on reworking older pieces of content as a content dev. With this, Waterfiend will be assuming the role of sole Content Lead.
We would also like to announce the promotions of Gancho and Silent from Jr Mods to Moderators, they have been an awesome help thus far as well as bringing on a new helper, Dot, and previous valor dev, Shmitty! Make sure to congratulate them all if you get the chance!
YungCarty will be joining us in a Sys Dev role, and has been helping out behind the seasons for some time.
Please note that Helper Applications will close on the 3rd, so make sure to submit. Those may be found here.
April Fools Event
We get it. These past few events have been subpar, which is why this time we're going all out. We are making the most requested fan-made change: the thing everyone has wanted, the return of the Vial Smelter. In addition to this, we will be making some severe changes to one of Valor's most frequently complained-about content: the Catacombs. The AR, as well as the bosses, have been tweaked to better fit what players have been longing for. Due to this change, we thought it would only be right to make changes to Zaragon. However, we went above and beyond; Garutious, Larry Gigsmann, and Yazanahar have also been changed, and with these changes comes a new level of intensity.
If you thought we were gonna forget to make item changes, well, you are wrong! We know precisely the items that need changing and have worked tirelessly to present this to everyone. This update, we have finally made changes to the Astonishing Happening, Ferocious Gambit, Chaos Theory, Enfused Bloody Fangs, Bloodbath Dagger, Banner of the Blood Mountains, Titan Blood Armor, and the God Blood Robe. We know these items have dominated the Meta, and we hope that with these changes, they will finally be irreversibly nerfed for the good of Valor.
Mirr & Velmuth
With this patch a new piece of awaited content is finally here. Made by Waterfiend and sprited by BQ a new realm boss Mirr, The Sea Drake has been added which will drop a portal to Velmuth's Cove. As well as a new LG Star (the return of gruesome concept) being added to Mirr and a new AR Helm, LG Charm, LG Anchor being added to Velmuth. More info on the items can be found in the balance doc below.
Based on Premium Testing Feedback, changes have been made accordingly to bugs and various difficulty concerns. This dungeon will be introducing a new type of damage called True Damage which is immune to all defensive reductions.
This patch includes another round of balancing, this time focusing on helms. In order to bring out new metas and change some current ones. Hoping to see some new and unique fun builds other than popular erebus.
There are a lot of other balance changes done towards AR Spell & Soulcatcher, shunter soul cost reductions. As well as the release of multiple new elemental sor and essence craft LGs that will fill a lot of classes lacking items atm. Some items have seen changes based on feedback from premium testing.
- Shards now no longer drop, they have been replaced with fragments and one full shard "Shard of Sidon's Fall"
- 1, 2, 3 fragment drops from raids, challenges and oryx. 1, 2 from everywhere else.
- Oryx Crate now drops 3, 4, or full shard
- Ebox have 1 or 2 fragments, 3 (extra rare)
- Krov shop now requires 10 stars instead of 20.
- Slightly increase drop rate of spectral lantern, and decreased elemental rune droprates slightly.
- Increased and decreased some gold cache and coin rates in some dungeons. (Shouldn't effect normal runs/farming too much).
- Added Velmuth's Cove to rifts
- Added a new type of damage "True Damage" indicated by white damage text. It bypasses all types of defenses, including vinelocker for example.
- All Vault Maps now have 100 Chests and 26 Gift Chests (Thanks Deathmod!)
- Added Realm protector bag to ghost of skuld (Suggestion: Hellobaha)
- Slightly increase Crystal Prisoner and Mysterious Crystal prio
FB Crate Rotation
Here is this month's fb crate rotation.
Heatblast Trap Araki's Saber Merit of Rebellion Dagger of Corruption Lavos Armor Ring of the Wildfire Percussion Shield Sword of Dark Retribution Turret of Aldragine Zol Axe Helm of the Timewarper Bow of Ruin Toxin of the Vicious Realitytaker Orb Doomgrazer
Miscellaneous Changes & QoLs
- Fixed slow immunity being removed while moon crescent halberd and ring of unbound potential are equipped at the same time
- Fixed an issue where the tier 1 siphon "power siphon" would not function properly
- Fixed ashen safespots again.
- Fixed an issue where shift+clicking philosopher's crate in a full bag makes it disappear
- Fixed spelling error in fabled and ut loot notification msgs
- Fixed an issue where the kraken priest set bonus (+15% crit mult) was not showcasing properly on client
- Fixed a bug with drakzix where you were able to infinitely spawn phalg aspect minions.
- Fixed Bacon Cape's passive being very buggy and not working properly / not dealing damage.
- Fixed perma mana focus bug with Oath of the Ages and Whispers.
- Changed the code that minions (dreadcull, phalgomor, and newly added minions) use to target enemies, causing them to no longer target invincible enemies / generally be smarter.
- Fixed anniversary eon not maxing you on use (not sure if anyone still has any of these)
- Fixed Venom Cage's effect not poisoning the attacking enemy on getting hit
- Fixed an issue with royal revenge's lg effect not working with friendly minions around (phalg, spirits, and the new minions)
- Aspecthall command shortcut is now "/ah" instead of "/as"
- Update rift keys desc with proper star requirements
- Changed Dices to Dice in Market dropdown menu
- Added Oryx Aspect Tag to some chests and enemies in order to allow Seven Seas Aspect
- Fixed Aspect of Anubis description to be more inline with what it does
- Fixed mpcost issues with fallen aspect
- Fixed extra invis mana bug with drakzix ability and similar abilities.
- Fixed AR Cloak effect bugs
- Fixed an issue where equipped restoration nodes did not increase the maximum amount of health/mana potions you could carry.
- Reworked Wavebreaker's shot pattern, as it was very buggy and caused significant amounts of lag.
- Re-enabled gatekeeper's barrage (Thanks Shmitty)
- Fixed Abomination HP Scaling
- Fixed 3d objects
- Added a vial button to potion storage ui. (WOOHOO!)
- Added a new command /averagedamage (alias: /ad), works only inside a home or guild hall. It averages your outputting damage taking everything into consideration. It has two modes, the first of which being the default mode and the second mode having armor piercing. (/ad 1 or /ad 2) (Suggestion: Liv)
- Added /checkaveragedamage or /cad which can be used to check your current /ad mode
- Added limited tag to Clarinet enchants
- Added Gancho's Rocket Snag pet
- Added a new setting "Player Projectile Opacity" in misc which allows you to change the opacity of your projectiles
- Add cem, velmuth bosses to certain bp mission checks and fix larry missions.
- Ability Tracker can be used on consumable items (Bloodstone, etc.) and properly tracks usages.
- Added new guild maps. (Thanks Deathmod)
New Donator Packages
- Added The April Pack donator pack.
- Added Old Seasonal Sprays to the Grove.
- There are Eight Purchasable Skins added to the Grove. (Thanks Ohwy)
Green Blob Rogue Dastardly Questing Mechanic Snowed In Spirit Hunter Salary Man Pirate Can Of Cola Blademaster Fox Priestess Shrine Playing Cards Gambler Minion of Terradius Drak Springs Light Templar
- Added 3 new custom packages that are now purchasable: Custom Pets, Custom Skins & Custom Emotes. Viewable in the Customs tab of here.
Arcanuo (Rate changes)
Deathmod (Map changes, April Fools)
Endless (Blogpost Banner)
Iwanabeu (Item Passives)
Sebafra (Bug Fixes, QoLs)
Shmitty (Bug Fixes, QoLs, Item Passives)
Skullz (Shard Changes, Balancing)
Waterfiend (Velmuth, Balancing)
Zipzar (Ess & Ele sor crafts, Balancing)