Hi all. We're super excited to test the 5.0.0 Patch. This is the largest update of the past year, and we hope it is well received. There is a lot to test this update, with a new class, and multiple reworks ongoing. Looking forward to your feedback!
As usual, Testing Notes are bullet point and official patchnotes will be more fleshed out. Keep in mind that any balance changes are not final and subject to changing. A lot of the small notes in Misc, are actually quite large game balancing notes, such as changes to the Realm, so make sure to read through them.
The goal of this update was to bring game balance, populate the realm, and rework old classes to their full potential.
The Genesis rework will be available tomorrow morning/afternoon, a long with any unfinished LG effects.
New Class Magus
The new class Magus is available for testing. The Magus uses Blades & placeable crystals to deal damage-over-time in unique and flexible patterns. The more crystals placed the faster your mana drains.
Bringing you a fun rework on how its ability worked. Inspired by other games, the ability's functionality has gotten revamped into a more crowd control based and very fun mechanic. Where the anchor spins around the player and increases in range, dealing dmg and potential debuffs to surrounding enemies. Most anchors have gone through balance changes as well with new and unique passives.
Class & Legendary Item Balancing
Due to the big milestone, we have gone above and beyond by rebalancing not one but three whole item types. These include staves, katanas and bows. We are aware of the current issues, and these new changes have made substantial changes to fit the current meta as well as pave paths to new ones. All the changes are listed below in the balance doc.
Note: Some Item effects may not be working as of yet, as well as any numbers aren't final and subject to tweaking based on user feedback. In terms of magus and pirate abilities. Ive just listed a few, we are still working on the majority of them.
There is now an option in the Wardrobe to view hats, as well as different tiers of dropping hats. Hats will be unlockable once, and equippable on a char for a small fame cost. There will be hats purchasable for kantos, as well as hats that are dropped by mobs. Upon release:
- Malgors Horn Hat
- Serenitys Sun Hat
- Dojo Master Hat
- 16 Common Hats from the Realm & Gold Lootboxes.
Note: The gold costs for hats shown in testing will be fame at time of release.
Misc Testing Notes
- Lava now ticks globally as opposed to the previous per tile tick.
- Vsync is disabled by default in fresh client installations.
- Fix overseer controller (make it like other controllers, infinite hp not 30k)
- You now get the same amount of kantos when upgrading via rank upgrades as buying kantos.
- Increased the amount of enemies in the Realm overall. (Should help with finding Dojos etc)
- Brought back old boss sprites and items. April fools items and bosses shouldnt be spawning.
- Fixed Fire and Ice Vault Map Trees.
- Added hovering over portal (shows "players/maxplayers" under portal)
- Changed BP Mission name "Looter" to "Looting Leonard" (Suggestion: Liv)
- Updated Skirmisher & Bejeweled Spear projectile sprites (Suggestion: Yetimi)
- Mad lab minion now confuses for 2s instead of 0.5s (Suggestion: Gameend)
- Increase hp scaling on O2.
- Adjusted realm events spawning rates. Should be better than before. 40% chance for common event (Sphinx, herm,etc.) , 35% for uncommon (mship, mirr, etc. ) and 25% for rare events (Larry, yaza, garutious, etc.)
- Adjusted Giant's Hill droprates.
- Added no banner popups to potion storage unlockers (Suggestion: Spirit)
- Updated warpawn minions so they dont look exactly like niolrus.
- There's more options on a screen (3 columns on most of tabs)
- Velmuth HP Scaling has been increased by 25%. Added invuln durations for phases to appear before being dmgable. Shotguns during chase phase are now multihit. Added curse immunity to corals so colors are visible. Slightly lowered time length of turret phase
- Added weak immunity to aldragine, drannol and merganus
- Added True Damage to Aldragine zol shurikens, Construct of Zol Shurikens, Corrupted Conjurer Shurikens
- Fixed Ability Tracker announcement
- Fixed Premium lootbox info box
- Updated all dye commands to allow for cloths, as well as resetting to no dye/cloth
- Moved Encore to Mad Jester and adjusted rates with a future dungeon rework on the way!
- Increased amount of mob spawns in all terrain ranges. Increased amount of low level mobs, as well as increased amount of med/highland mobs. Aim was to populate the realm a bit, and help with farming for dojo rather than relying on Gods for it.
- Reduced number of rooms in abyss once again by around 30%, as well as bring back abyss idol
- Cyberlord has seen some behavioural changes. (Less minions required to kill to transition it.)
- Set an actual message for equipping Phalg Aspect instead of just 'Insert lore here'
- Added Dynamic Player's Tooltips
- Removed Text Bubbles option from Graphics Tab and added new one (Speech Balloons) with new options to choose (On, Only Enemies, Only Players, Off) to Misc Tab
- Added Boss Data for each Character (bosses are counted only from this version, there's no old data). The Oracle is now separated into two tabs Account and Character
- Added death text for Merganus, The Fallen Titan
- Maxed ascended color is now displayed on players' tooltips
- Reduce housing prices on multiple tile sets & objects that are sold via gold.
- Kudos system is now available. (More info soon)